Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Cards



After Christmas, I must admit that I often feel a desire for even more traditions, more celebration, more crafts.  Thankfully, Valentine's Day is here shortly.  So, I started making some fabric Valentine's Day Cards.  I had so much fun.  I love quick projects where I can have freedom and flexibility and creativity.  I like making it up as I go along. 

Fabric cards are so easy.  They do dull your needle quickly, punching through cardstock.  So, if you decide to make your own fabric cards, change your needle when you're done.  All you need is a pile of scrap fabric, some cardstock and a sewing machine.  You can use a straight stitch or zig zag.  I wanted to do some loops, so I got out my free motion foot for a little extra embellishment.  I also used vellum paper to write little messages with a sharpie.  Then I stitched the vellum paper onto the fabric and card.






Happy early Valentine's Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...