Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Single Girl Quilt Along

I am super excited and just have to share with you.  I am going to join 200 amazing ladies (how could they not be) in quilting Denyse Schmidt's Single Girl Quilt.  The Single Girl quilt along begins now!


Step-by-step instructions, help and enthusiasm is found here
and here

I love how humorous this quilt is, playing off the traditional double wedding ring quilt.  
And since mine is going to be for my son Solomon, I'm calling it a Single Boy Quilt.  It will have a brown background with rings of blues and whites.
I have to admit, it took me a bit to sign up for this because honestly (don't laugh...ok, you can), when I read about the Single Girl Quilt Along, I thought it was for single girls.  Doh!  Then I looked carefully and realized this was just the right project for me!
So, I'm still waiting for my pattern in the mail, making me a wee bit behind.  But I catch up fast. 
This will be my first twin quilt.  I've only made crib sized ones until now.  
Wheeeeee!

If you want to see the 200 quilts in process, follow the links above or click the button on my side bar.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Shavonne. I was reading a tutorial on distressed canvases from photographs and read that you made some of old paperback book covers. I am really interested in this idea and I would love to see how yours came out :) Will you please email some pictures of them to me or post some? my email address is e.shavonne@rocketmail.com Thank you so much for your time! I love your work by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...