Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ink Drawings: 30 Days of Creativity: Day 12

Sketches of my favorite levers


Ok, so I just can't help being a physics nerd.  A very simple physics nerd, that is.
I think simple machines are so cool.
After teaching seventh grade physics with levers, pulleys, inclined planes, screws (an inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder), and reading the book One Good Turn, I declared myself in love.


Today in particular, I am in love with the lever.
So I have this idea that I'm going to create some linoleum prints of all my favorite levers.


Right now this is my list:

Hammer
Stapler
Shovel
Clothes Pin
Garlic Press
Fork
Scissors
Wheel Barrow
Pliers
Safety Pin
Broom


I want to create nine small prints of levers to organize together.  
So I have to limit my list to nine.

What's your favorite lever?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...