Monday, June 6, 2011

Number Napkins: 30 Days of Creativity: Day 6

Number Napkins



I am inspired by Mid Century Modern numbers.  
I would love to have address numbers like these on my house.



In the meantime, however, I will settle for these numbers on my napkins.
This way the napkins we use for breakfast can be used again for lunch.  You just have to remember your number.



To make these, I printed out some Mid Century Modern numbers from an image on line.  Then I traced them onto freezer paper and cut them out with an x-acto knife.  I ironed them onto my handmade napkins and painted them with fabric paint.


(If you want to make your own napkins, just cut out fabric 21" x 21".  Fold, iron and sew hems on all four sides.  Easy peasy.  That's your mini tutorial.  Or buy some plain napkins at the store on which to paint.)


Set your table.  
These are plates and bowls by Alleghany Meadows.


Now, love wiping the corners of your mouth with your number napkins.

3 comments:

  1. We have those numbers on our house!

    I'm loving these simple forms of creativity. Especially the radish art and chalk bike. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani! Sometimes simplicity is the best, eh? And I love knowing you have those numbers on your house. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these.

    There is a great cloth napkin reuse story in Madhur Jaffery's book "Climbing the Mango Trees." I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a short summer read with great indian recipes in the back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...